There is nothing more thrilling then developing film and discovering memories from months or years ago. I love it.
This is going on my desk between to my Tom Waits and John Waters pics…haha
my desk is getting a bit more complete
(Source: tranceend, via vegan-queer)
I hate that we live in a world where women being harassed on the street is to be expected.
I hate that men openly turn around and stare at my breast when I am getting a seat on the bus, walking down the street, at work.
I HATE that men act like i should be appreciative of the fact that they are whistling, saying vulgar things, checking me out- going as far as saying to me: “BITCH IM TALKING TO YOU”
I hate that when I have said something back to men, I immediately stop in fear because I know I have put myself in some form of potential danger.
I hate that when I rant about this to guy friends they all say the same thing: “Well. that’s kind of what happens sometimes”.
NO. That is not an acceptable answer.
Just because I am a woman, I shouldn’t have to act like I am so fucking grateful to have a man saving vulgar things to me on the street and take it.
I shouldn’t have to feel that because I go out and drink with friends that I am putting myself at risk for rape, but when a man does it its no big deal.
I shouldn’t be made to feel bad for wearing tights and skirts because “I am bringing that kind of attention to myself” and “causing men to look at me and want to rape me”
That is NOT okay.
Yet, that is what we have been taught as women. We are taught from a young age that we are raped, sexually assaulted and harassed on a daily life-to-life basis because it is OUR fault for being pretty, our fault for wearing a dress or lipstick or going out late.
I AM SICK AND TIRED of this and I don’t think it’s right. We need to change as a society because we are projecting this image onto our younger females.
I don’t want my younger sister to have to deal with what I have to deal with for being a single female and I don’t think any other female should either.
This needs to end NOW.
The Top 5 Quotes About Rape from Republican Men -
These are the best (worst) GOP rape quotes I could find - but message me if you have more. Let’s hold these people accountable.
1. Todd Akin: “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways of shutting that whole thing down” - mid 2012 Senate Campaign
2. Claytie Williams: “If it’s inevitable, just relax and enjoy it” - mid 1990 Gubernatorial race in Texas
3. Chuck Winder: “I would hope that when a woman goes in to a physician with a rape issue, that physician will indeed ask her about perhaps her marriage, was this pregnancy caused by normal relations in a marriage or was it truly caused by a rape. I assume that’s part of the counseling that goes on.” - March 2012
4. Ken Buck: “A jury could very well conclude that this is a case of buyer’s remorse … It appears to me … you invited him over… the appearance is of consent.” -October 2010
5. Rick Santorum: “I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created — in the sense of rape — but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you… rape victims should make the best of a bad situation.” - January, 2012
I just accidentally walked onto Woody Allen’s new set.
I met him. He is small and also was looking at my boobs when he said hi.
Cate Blanchett was also there and said hi. (she’s talllllll)
Also I acted like a complete idiot and then a 12 year old delirious Justin Beiber fan then back to freaking out- in front of him.
Okay I got that out of my system.
North Beach Disposable- Summer 2010
The most amazing part of my job- the community I work with.
The worst- having to tell someone they have HIV……
My homeless clients are having more sex than I have since January.. *tina groan*
My coworker and I went to dinner tonight and naturally had a bottle of wine each, BUT we shared the lobster.
Oh 90’s romcoms- why are you so awesome?
- the cheesy music
-typcast perfect high school
-the teen agnst
-the synchronized dance scenes at Prom?
Why can’t my life be a 90’s romcom ala “She’s All That”?
There is an app for this!! #lisafrank #app #acid #tiger #sf #sanfrancisco #california #photography (Taken with Instagram)